02/03/2014

Tatton park 10k.

Tatton park 10k.

Today was my first ever 10k run! And in short this was a fantastic run and a fantastic little day out!  Those who have followed the blog will know I’ve been a bit behind on training. The furthest I had ran beforehand was 8k, in 1hour and 12 minutes.  However I invested in a foam roller, compression socks and hoped for the best. The Nike Plus App on my i-phone was estimating I would do a 10k in 1hours and 35mins, so went into the run  hoping to do anything better than that!



The chip timing of the race records that I completed the race in 1hours, 16mins and 32seconds…. Yay! Celebration all around!

So a-bit about the race, it was around the Tatton park estate, mainly ran on grass across fields and also through wood land with several fallen trees and branches across the path. Recent weather has been very wet and windy; therefore this resulted in rather a muddy and slippery surface. Also a lot of the race turned out to be uphill, only one steepest hill but most was steadily inclines and with what felt like little down bits.  In short, think this course would be a on par with a tough mudder / mud run! Was nearly calf high at one point!  

I managed to run the first 5k well, slower than I would have liked at 36mins but had a steady pace at 7 – 7.3mins/k, I waked for half a k post water station and began to struggle slowly after that, and did walk a bit run a bit,  my ankle also began to throb through this but worked though! Still throbs so hoping it calms down if rested the next few days.  I would talk about elevation and pace in this bit but my Nike app will not sync for some reason off my phone will update, when I can, if I can!



And a big shout out to my mother! Who is in training for a 5k run in april and has even joined a local running club to build up her fitness. She did the 2k walk today whilst I was doing the 10k, she even ot a little medal! [the same one us 10kers got]! She is also supporting Childflight in her fundraising so please support us both! Sharing sponsorship page! She is doing the 5k in her duck onsie!.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/myscrambledlegs
thankyou to everyone who has supported me and sponsored me so far! even a little will go a long way!

Run facts:-
distance :- 10k
time:- 1hour, 16mins 32 seconds. 
surface:- trail, muddy/hilly. 
equipment:- compressionsocks.
momento:- medal [with orange strap! yay.]
rating. 7/10 
repeat/recommend? yes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment