29/03/2014

virtual Running


Welcome to the launch of my crochet virtual running event! 

Background:-  I started running last year as part of my 24th birthday bucket list, and for 2014 have taken up a scrambled legs challenged by doing 14 runs in 2014. I also am a keen crochet-er and often make items to sell for charity, therefore I thought I would combine the two and make crocheted running medal s and run a monthly virtual race, all to raise vital funds for the amazing child-flight.  

So how can you take part? The races are open to all, its £5 to enter [via PayPal] and you can do 1k, 5k, 10k or a half marathon! It’s purely up to you, but send me proof of your run, [in form of an app screen or official chip time] and your time and I’ll send you a medal out. Tops prize to the fastest runner in each group as well as spot prizes available.  [Free postage based in the UK. international runners please get in touch before buying as will be charged postage costs]

The April race will Run from now till 30th April 2014! so make sure you get your run in before then! 

there is 4 teams in child-flight, [red, blue green and orange] so pick which team you would like to join and this will be your ribbon color to wear  and display with pride .  Each medal is 100% unique as has been hand crocheted by myself and not to a set pattern but free style! Purple medals are Available for people who would like to sign up for the 10k distance.

There will be a prize for the fastest 5k's in each color team each month  but all distances completed will receive a medal.  All money raised [- running costs] will go towards child flight and will be added to my fundraising page at the end of each month.   So go out and get running [or skipping / jogging, just enjoy yourself's] then either email me or post me a picture via twitter () or via facebook page at ( https://www.facebook.com/myscrambledlegs ) to register your time and be in chance of receiving a prize!


Good luck and happy running!


team colour

No comments:

Post a Comment