16/03/2014

Bradford10k 2014.

Bradford 10k.

Today way another 10k run! Felt very tired this morning and had little sleep last night,  so wasn’t in great condition for this run at all!  But you know, if you never try you will never succeed! So I will start with a little lesson learnt for today to stop my self-moaning about the effort to much! Lesson. Follow a training plan and train properly!  Which is the plan to do between now and the next 10k!  
as Always i'm fundraiser for child-flight! all donations very welcome so please follow the just giving link on the right, 



So today was Run by epilepsy action, and once again I did it in my Childflight yellow hat and Tshirt! Was billed as a flat course which in the majority it was but was still hilly in areas and also had a high wind which at points we ran into.  I had chosen this race because Bradford is where I grew up and thought it would be nice on home turf!  Enjoyed the race but I feel it now! Around 4k I bumped into a lady called becky and we had roughly the same pace so we ended up running/walking together the rest of the way.  was nice to have someone to talk to and someone to help keep pace with!

According to my nike plus app I ran my fasted 1k at 6.53mins and my fastest mile at 11.5mins, so all is good in that area, once again, got to around 5k ok and then pace began to slowly slip. I normally run to music but unfortunately my Ipod died this morning so was weird to run without it, also the road the majority was run down [out and back] doesn’t have much points of interest on it so felt as though I couldn’t distract myself with it much and gave in to pain to easily at times I think.  

I did this race in 1hour and 16mins and 10seconds [chip time]  which is a 40seconds improvement on my previous time two weeks ago! And continues to be something to work on [has downloaded the ActionAid training plan, will let you guys know how I get on!] this time means that I came in at 1429th position… out of 1442… paula Radcliffe I aint but going out and trying is better than quitting right? Right?

Run facts:-
distance :- 10k
time:- 1hour, 16mins 10 seconds. 
surface:- road, windy. 
equipment:- compression-socks. No music
memento:- white XL t-shirt [they had run out of smaller sizes!]
rating. 5/10 

repeat/recommend? No, [think I need some more interest on the route and no medal!]

2 comments:

  1. Great work Helen! Sounds like you had a lot of fun too. Being at the back of the pack is always fun when you get to meet some good people - not that I have any idea what it's like to be at the front of the pack though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your commenet! do quite like being at the back sometimes when there is a great atmosphere! unfortuantly not so much the case in this one as not much crowd around! great day though! hopefully get a bit faster before next 10k!

    ReplyDelete