17/02/2014

Sefton park

Hello everyone.

 Today marks the day of it being 2 weeks until my first 10k, and am I ready! Defiantly not! Hoping the crowd will pull me along! The problem? Well in the last run I did as part of this challenge I hurt my ankle, during the race I thought it was down to new trainers,  but then couldn't run on it probably for a week and has taken time to get back into training again..  still not back up to doing the 5k in 30mins but I’m still going to go for it, an hope that I will be able to do the next runs faster and better. 

Target for this 10k, less than 1hour 20mins, hoping the crowd will pull me along, but why this time? Will my app Nike plus, estimates it’ll take me 1 hour 30mins so probably going to be happy beating that!   

so today i went on a bit of an adventure / new route finder around Sefton park, seen as it was a rare nice day with sun! unfortunately the whole of Liverpool also seemed to be there so spent half the time dodging dogs and kids on bikes..  and perhaps i would have been a tad faster if i hadnt stopped to take pics! :) 

 spot the palm house
 doesnt this place just look magical? sisnt know it was hidden away back there. 

 lovely band stand, would have loved a closer look. 

spring has sprung! the park was littered all over with lovely iris's in purples and yellow! bliss!

muddy trainers at the end of the run! few blisters from this due to running in puddles! lesson learnt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment