26/01/2014

1st run 2014 - linda McCartney

1st run  of the 2014 challenge.

as always if you would like to sponsor me please press on the link on the right :-)

My first run of this challenge was a little 5k around Liverpool docs, starting at the Nike store towards the marina and back again. To summarize the run in two words… windy & ouch!  The run was being held to raise funds for the Linda McCartney center as part of another person’s fundraising efforts to raise £8000 pound by organizing 8 events: - link to their page  is HERE

So according to my Nike plus app I ran the run in 40:40, with a distance measuring of 5.10k. this time includes the brief time outside with speeches before setting off so maybe take a few minutes off the over all time. The App record that I achieved my goal of the fastest time of 39:19 minutes, fastest mile at 12:08 mins and fastest 1k at 7:18mins.  So a few good achievements had, according to the run graph I ran at a pace between 6.05 and 8.3mins/k, which is very good for me, good fast course helped but the running into a stong wind with lashing of rain certainly didn't! 




On the down side, I thought it was a good idea to wear a new pair of trainers, and I’m suffering now, but they were pink and orange and I thought it would be fitting!  But I got bad shin splits around 2k and now have a sore ankle, lesson to break trainers in in the future truly noted!  however cup cakes at finihs line is well worth the pain! 


Also at the run was the lovely Katie Brough a brilliant cross country runner and GB champ! 


race facts.
distance:- 5.1k.
time:- 40mins [39.19 for 5k]
race number:- 28.
surface type:- pavement. 
weather:- wet, cold and windy [very windy]


overall a very good day was had and hopefully raised a lot of money for this great cause! 


No comments:

Post a Comment