25/06/2014

Tunnel run 2014


TUNNEL RUN 2014.



Hello everyone, so  I’ve just realised that I forgot to press post on the tunnel run report. Therefore here it is!!

Since the port sunlight run I had twisted/sprained / done something to m y leg so I had been unable to train fully. However as this was my dream race and one I had be working towards I decided to go for it anyway. Even if I did end up walking for periods of it!







It was a very hot and sunny day,  and with little sleep the night before due to the mother snoring, I set out, this was the first race I had done where the start and finish line were in different places so my mum left me at the start so she could then find me at the finish. But I think because of this the atmosphere was different at the start,  there also wasn’t a warm up, which in ‘real’ runs rather than fun runs there doesn’t seem to be, which I find quite interesting..



I managed to run almost to the end of the tunnel before I had to begin walking, with the steep emergency exit almost killing me. The heat was intense in the tunnel, which I wasn’t expecting, but I did manage to take a tunnel selfie, [maybe if I took less pictures I would have run faster… hmm]



 I got to the 5k marker in 34minutes. Just things went downhill from there and ended up with a running time of 1hour and 19mins, but you know, who cares at the end of the day. I had an amazing time and meet a couple of great people,  hopefully one day I will be at an hour but I’m happy being able to achieve what I can and in doing so, got something ticked off the bucket list.


I now plan to attempt to train properly for the next 10k, but in the meantime just enjoy myself.  After all, the only person I have to beat is myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment