04/05/2014

Liverpool spring 10k

Spring 10k

When I first took up running, jut over 12 months ago, this is one of the races I was aiming for, although at that point it was inconceivable that I would manage to get that far as I was week 1 into the couch to 5k training programme, however today, I did it! yay!!

So I was having a bad week, having nearly passed out at 1k on Monday, [post night shift yukness] and a very slow 7k on weds I wasn’t feeling in the best shape for this one, however I realized during said 7k that I had a tight issue.. ie they kept falling down and I had to keep stopping to pull up.. resulting in shopping trip (and a mandatory wagamma’s) to buy smaller clothes! Which is great as slowly getting a bit more fit! Just want to be fit and healthy more than anything else.. everything else is bonus!

So today! I found out I was in the slow group at the back due to co lour coding, however half way around found myself running with a elite runner [pink number] who had a cold but kept same pace as me… so maybe the colored numbers not as significant a its all down to what you do on the day..

Overall it was a fantastic race, I had a good steady run and seemed to not have to walk as much as per previous runs, pace was between 6 – 7.3 min/k, which is very good for me, and over all did it in a personal best time of 1hour and 11mins J very very very happy Helen.  I briefly stopped to offer help to a lady who had collapsed before running on for a Marshall.. which may have taken a few mins but at the same time probably speed me up to the Marshall as well!  But this is a personal best time, taking a massive 5mins and 30 odd seconds off! Aiming for under 1:10 for the tunnel run, which is my next 10k.  



down points? there seemed to be some good distance between marshalles and perhaps they could have been spread out a bit more.. otherwise an exellent and well organised race, good medal, good t-shirt, brill atmosphere. thinking of making this one a yearly event! 


As always I’m aiming to raise vital funds for Child-flight,  so any sponsorship will be greatly received! And would add an extra very t how happy I am! Just follow the link on your right! Every penny helps! 

p.s. thanks to the lovely val for your support at 4k and the finish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment